Yesterday’s Vision Service was off the hook! Such a great day. If you are not a member of our church, I encourage you to listen to the message anyway as it applies to anything you are needing to rebuild; your marriage, relationship with your kids, careers, finances, ministry, friendships, your walk with the Lord…
Today I am simply going to summarize the main points of the message. After reading this post, please spend time in your 30 for 30 praying about them and ask the Lord which points you need to apply to your life.
You must be burdened about whatever it is you want to see happen, otherwise you will not have the grit to see it through. You are going to hit obstacles, but if your burden is bigger than your obstacles you will figure a way through them!
Nehemiah was a Jewish slave in Babylon who had a burden to see the walls of His city rebuilt after they had been burnt to the ground.
“So it was, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned for many days; I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven.” Nehemiah 1:4
You must have a clear picture of what you want.
Andy Stanley talks about vision this way:
“Vision is a clear mental picture of what could be, fueled by the conviction that it should be. Vision is a preferred picture. A destination. Visions stand in contrast to the world as it is.” – Andy Stanley
Do you have a clear vision of what you want your marriage to look like? Your relationship with your kids? Your ministry? Your physical health? If you don’t you won’t even know what you are shooting for.
What is the vision God has given to you?
Nehemiah was crystal clear about what He wanted to accomplish:
“Then the king said to me, ‘What do you request?’ So, I prayed to the God of heaven. And I said to the king, ‘If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.’” Nehemiah 2:4, 5
Once you have a burden and a vision, you must have God’s favor. How do you obtain God’s favor?
Whatever it is that you want to see happen, it must be God’s will.
“If God’s grace (favor) doesn’t help the builders, they will labor in vain to build a house.” Psalm 127:1a TPT
God will put His desires into your heart and then He will use you to bring them to pass.
God’s favor is on what He has called you to be and to do.
Nehemiah was completely confident that God was with Him. You need to be as well. Once you are, there will be no stopping you!
“Then I said to them, ‘You see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire. Come and let us build the wall of Jerusalem, that we may no longer be a reproach.’ And I told them of the hand of my God which had been good upon me, and also of the king’s words that he had spoken to me.” Nehemiah 2:17, 18a
Once you have a burden, a vision, and God’s favor, you need to recruit the right people to partner with you in your vision.
Once the people heard Nehemiah share his vision, identified with his burden, and believed that God’s favor was on him, they said,
“’Let us rise up and build!’” Then they set their hands to this good work.” Nehemiah 2:18b
Everyone did something. There were no bystanders. Everyone had a job to do.
What is your job to do? What is Jesus calling you to do?
Because all four keys to rebuilding were in play, they miraculously rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem in 52 days! Without God’s help, not only would it have never been accomplished, but it would also have taken years.
For those of you who call the Gathering Place Church your home, I pray that you have a burden to see it rebuilt, share the vision of 1000 Strong (one life at a time), believe God’s favor is on us, and will do your part to see it come to pass.
4 Ways You Can Participate:
- PRAY. For the rest of the 30 for 30, pray every day for the leadership of the church – wisdom, strength, and strategy. Pray for our families and ministries. Pray for the entire church to draw closer to Jesus. Pray for Jesus’ passion for every lost soul to penetrate our hearts and turn us inside out!
- SERVE. Find your place on the wall. Call/text/email the leader of any ministry and ask how you can help. Even serving one time per month will make a huge difference in helping us reach our vision. Simply go to gatheringplacechurch.org, check out the ministries, and contact a ministry leader. They will give you the next step to joining their team.
- GIVE. Every vision takes money to see it come to pass. Be faithful in your tithes and offerings and let’s see what God will do with the future of GPC!
- INVITE. Bring people to church with you. Don’t say “No” for anybody! Do not decide that someone will not want to come to church. They might be the very person Jesus is trying to reach, and He will reach them through you. Simply ask them if they want to come to church with you. If nothing else, it may start a spiritual conversation that might lead them to Jesus.
THINK ABOUT IT
- What dream has God put into your heart?
- What steps can you take today to begin seeing that vision become a reality?
- What can you do to help GPC grow?