HEART FOR THE HOUSE PLEDGE:
Would you prayerfully consider pledging over and above your regular tithes and offerings so we can reach our city, our nation, and our world, with the gospel of Jesus Christ this year?
4 giving options:
- One time gift today of $___________
- One time gift of $_________ on _________ (date)
- Ongoing additional gift of $_______________ or % _________ above and beyond my normal giving
- I commit to praying about what God wants me to give
Click here. Use the dropdown menu and choose Heart for the House.
You can text to give at 84321 and choose Heart for the House
You can use the card handed out at church and put it in the offering box on Sunday. (We have more cards at church if you did not get one yet)
You can mail a check to P.O. Box 1078, Poway Ca, 92074. Put “Heart for the House” in the memo line.
Remember – God loves a joyful giver, and you can never out-give God!
“Now [remember] this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows generously [that blessings may come to others] will also reap generously [and be blessed]. Let each one give [thoughtfully and with purpose] just as he has decided in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver [and delights in the one whose heart is in his gift]. And God is able to make all grace [every favor and earthly blessing] come in abundance to you, so that you may always [under all circumstances, regardless of the need] have complete sufficiency in everything [being completely self-sufficient in Him] and have an abundance for every good work and act of charity.” 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 Amp
If you have already participated in our Heart for the House giving campaign, I want to thank you. You are helping us fulfill God’s mission for our church. And remember, you can’t out-give God!
If you have not yet participated in the Heart for the House, or even heard about it, this is a giving campaign to enable us to fulfill Christ’s mission for GPC. I have included the details below for your prayer consideration.
Where your giving went in 2022:
Local and international Outreaches, Missionaries, and Missions Organizations
- We Pray San Diego – 150 churches and 17,000 Christians prayed in the streets over San Diego
- What I Wish My Parents Knew – Collaboration between the Public Schools and the Faith Community supporting parents who are raising 21 Century teens
- Movie night at The Centre – 40 non-GPC families from the community attended
- Alabaster Jar – Rescuing women in Escondido from the sex trade
- Bridge Builders – Afghan refugees – housewares drive, English as second language
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- North County Community Food and Prayer
- Rocket Launch – Local outreach
- K-LOVE radio – keeping worship on the air waves in San Diego
- Operation Christmas Child – shoeboxes sent oversees with gifts and the gospel
- Food Packing – 10k bags of food packed and sent overseas.
- Embrace Grace – Walking along side moms with unplanned pregnancies.
- Mario and Esther Hernandez – Mexico
- Phillip and Renee Murdoch – Brazil
- Timothy and Pheobe Wong – China
- Rick and Bev Zachary – South Asia/Pakistan
- Hope for the Nations – Liberia
- Acres of Love – Aids Orphans South Africa
- Foundation for His Ministry – Orphanage Mexico
Our 2023 Growth Goal:
- 100 Salvations
- 100 Baptisms
- 50 people completing the Spiritual Growth Track
- 90% of our congregation in Connect Groups
- Numerous outreaches to our immediate community
- Full support our international outreach as well as to adopt a new unreached people group
- 200 people attending GPC on Sunday mornings
OUR 2023 GIVING GOAL: $870,000.00
This is $300,000.00 over last years overall giving.
Our overall giving in 2022 was $570,000. This was $60k over 2021! Thank you!
Note: Though our giving was $60k more in 2022 than 2021, we invested $100k more in ministry in 2022. This included such things as:
- Bringing Josh and Darylee Hamilton on staff full-time staff. This was a strategic, two-year commitment to help our church thrive. I am sure you would all agree that our church would not be where it is without them. Their salary is being paid from our savings with the goal of having them fully supported through our tithes and offerings by the end of this year. In full disclosure, if we do not reach this goal, we will not be able to keep them on staff.
- Bringing David Lotze on staff part time
- Purchasing of equipment and supplies so we can effectively do church at The Centre
- Benevolence and counseling for our members – especially coming out of Covid.
- Local and International Benevolence and Outreaches
- Withdrawing from our GPC Orphan’s Fund for Hope and Sam to go to Vietnam to be reunited with his birth parents (If you have not watched the two-part documentary, catch 13 minute Pt 1 HERE – and 14 minute Pt 2 HERE.)
Reaching our 2023 giving goal will enable us to:
- Fully fund the GPC ministry staff
- Continue to meet the benevolence and counseling needs of our members
- Fully fund our current and future missionaries and mission organizations
- Local missional and attractional outreaches
- Increased advertising (so people know where we are)
- Upgraded website
- Upgraded children’s ministry function and feel
- Additional storage unit for children’s ministry
- Youth camps/Marriage seminars/Parenting Seminars/Praise Gatherings/Freedom Weekends/Guest speakers
- Continued savings towards a future permanent home